Saturday, September 1, 2012

: One :


Reading:

Well that's surprising! I would have never guessed that the book we have to read (HOY) is SO easy to read! It almost feels like I am in elementary school reading some easy comprehension book that I picked out from the book fair. But although I like how it is an easy read, I am wanting something with a little more complexity to the story. =/

I think it is nice how the journey that the captain is going through somewhat parallels our journey as students. Its nice to be able to receive another explanation of what yoga means for the body and mind. (Dr. Schultz gives us an understanding in class through her discussion and guidance, we learn a small understanding of yoga through the practice itself, and then another understanding through the narrative of the story.)

Discussing the sutras in class only produced more questions than answers. -_- Are we always in some state of yoga? Is it really possible to still the fluctuations of the mind? I asked Dr. Schultz if she had ever been able to "abide in her own true nature" and she said yes. But how do you get there? What does it feel like? How long does it usually take one to get there? ?????!! ugh. I know it was the first day of learning, but sure seems like a really confusing place to start :(

Practice:

THERE IS NO WAY I CAN STAND ON ONE LEG!!! its crazy! I tried SO HARD and I just kept wobbling! (And it completely gave my calfs major cramping...) It was still fun though. :) The next day I kept on wondering "Why am I so sore??? Surely it can't be from the yoga--I barely did anything!" After the yoga practice I was walking back to my car and realized that my body felt energized. I felt like I had an awareness of all my muscles that I never bothered to notice before? Ha. kind of cool :)

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny and cool that you feel energized after yoga! When I walk to my car after yoga, I feel so wobbly and like I could fall over haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga is definitely something that you need to build up stamina for but in a different sort of way than working out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I feel more energized after yoga too. I haven't been taking nearly as many naps as I usually do. I used to take a lot of naps last semester. I'm trying to change that this semester, and I think yoga is helping me.

    ReplyDelete